The Stretton Centre provides a complimentary Business Support service to existing or prospective City of Playford businesses to help them succeed.
Our Business Support Team provide tools, tips, connections and information to plan, start and grow your business.
The Stretton Centre’s Business Support service can assist Playford businesses of all sizes, in varying stages and across a diverse range of industries.
- Starting your business:
Have a great idea but not sure where to begin? Come and chat to us about the support available for start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Business growth and expansion:
Seeking to grow or expand? We can assist locate facilities to suit your business and provide connections to useful resources and contacts.
- Application for grants, initiatives and tenders:
We can connect you to available grants and initiatives, and help construct your application to make a strong business case.
- Access to training, networking and upskilling:
Upskilling yourself and broadening your networks helps you stay competitive. We deliver a range of workshops and programs for business development, along with networking events through our Training and Workshops.
- Coordinating interactions within council:
We can help you with interactions within City of Playford Council, ensuring your business is aware of compliance and any obligations such as planning or environmental health.
Book a meeting with our Business Support Team to elevate your business to the next level, contact our team on 08 8254 4666.
If your business is located outside of the City of Playford you can locate your local business support service on the South Australian Government's Business.
Complimentary Business SA Memberships
Offered in addition to current Business Support services provided at the Stretton Centre, the Playford Business Growth Program offers complimentary Business SA Memberships to City of Playford-based Businesses who have an intent to grow.
Under the program, businesses will receive access to:
- the Business Accelerator Program hosted onsite at the Stretton Centre
- the Business Advice Hotline – helping you to manage compliance and understand important legislation and over 100 award rates, as well as workplace relations, human resources and industrial relations issues
- A $200 business support training voucher
- A range of advisory and wellbeing services
- Digital capability coaching
- Grants and tenders Support
- + More
Invest in Playford
The City of Playford views business investment as key to the region's prosperity and growth.
Our role at the Stretton Centre is to offer potential investors a localised business service aimed at creating a competitive business climate, increasing local job opportunities and services for City of Playford residents.
Our team can support you with:
- Local market analysis and demographic information
- Relocation advice
- Support selecting the right site for your business
- Connections with government agencies and other organisations that can help
- Facilitating interactions with Council to ensure your business is aware of Council regulations.
We are committed to building an exceptional future that will inspire and improve our community and provide greater economic prosperity.
A Good Place to be
It’s an exciting time to be a business in the City of Playford with an abundance of business opportunities required to support our growing population.
Playford is leading population growth in South Australia with over 98,000 people currently living in the City of Playford, which is anticipated to grow to over 130,000 by 2036.
The exponential population growth lends itself to business opportunities, attracting investments from national companies like Pelligra Group, who are developing the former Holden manufacturing plant into a stunning master-planned business precinct. The precinct known as Lionsgate will feature a vibrant mix of industrial, manufacturing, construction, engineering, automotive and commercial businesses.
Access statistical, demographic and economic information about the City of Playford for data-based insights. View Playford’s Community and Economic Profile.
Grow your business skill set for free through LinkedIn Learning
Did you know that anyone with a South Australian library card has complimentary access to over 16,000 business, design and tech courses on LinkedIn Learning?
To access, simply:
- Head to Libraries SA's unique login page
- Select 'get started'
- Enter your library card number and pin. (If you don't have a current library card through the Libraries SA website)
Once you've logged in, check out some of the most popular topics below: