Starting a new business can give you a lot of freedom, but there are also many things you need to consider.
Both state and Federal Governments offer a wealth of resources that are available to you free of charge.
To get started, we recommend visiting the ‘Are you ready to start a business?’ page on the business.gov.au website. This page can help you consider your risks and ensure you understand where you can go to for help.
The businesss.gov.au website page is the best place to start to make sure that you are setting up your business correctly.
This page can help with:
- Registering for an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Understanding business structures
- Registering your business name
- Work health and safety requirements that may apply to your business
- Developing your business plan
- + much more
Your Business Toolkit
The SA Government’s ‘Your Business Toolkit’ also offers dozens of resources to support new and continuing businesses, including information on:
- Preparing a business plan
- Preparing a marketing plan
- Mastering social media
- Checklists for starting a business
- Money management
- A guide to paying your staff correctly
- Succession planning
- Environment & sustainability
Support for starting an NDIS business
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a rapidly growing sector – particularly in Adelaide’s northern suburbs. If you are looking to enter this industry, there are many things that you will need to consider, including:
- Demand for your chosen service
- Level of competition and what your competitors are charging
- Cash flow – including how much you need to set up the business before you have regular income
- Registrations, insurance and licensing
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Business plan
Helpful resources for NDIS businesses:
- Quarterly NDIS Provider Networking Sessions at the Stretton Centre
These sessions are a great way to build valuable connections and learn from other providers.
Visit our events page to book in for our next session
- National Disability Services (NDS)
This is the industry body for non-government NDIS providers. They provide a lot of valuable information and support for new providers.
Click here to visit the NDS website
- National Disability Providers (NDP)
This is a subsidiary of NDS and is to empower, support and develop the Australian disability workforce, equipping members with the information and tools they need to deliver the best services to people with disability.
Click here to visit the NDP website
- Starting a small business in the NDIS
Although this is a Western Australian Government site, it provides a range of really useful information.
Click here to visit this website
Our business support team are highly experienced in working with new NDIS service providers. If you would like to book an appointment with this team, please contact our business support team by calling 8254 4666 or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Booking an appointment with the City of Playford's business support team
The City of Playford's business support team is available to provide tailored support that can help you set your business up for success. You can book an appointment with the team by calling 8254 4666 or filling out the form below.